Tips to Create an Effective Social Media Marketing Plan 2020
Social media has become one of the most important platforms to engage with current customers and reach new customers. Having a social media account for your business is essential. Creating a marketing plan to reach your business goals can be challenging. Here are some steps to create an effective social media Marketing Plan.
1. Set a Goal
• What do you plan to accomplish
• Quantify your goal. Example: Engage a 15% more a month with current Instagram followers.
• Be clear with what you want to accomplish. No more than 2 sentences.
• Be realistic. Don’t set goals that you know are way to hard to reach.
• Have a set budget of money you are willing to invest.
2. Set Objectives
• Here you are going to be more specific and explain more detailed what your goals are.
• Quantify your objectives. Always talk numbers. Example: Growth of 10K followers UK per day.
• Each objective is one short sentence. DON’T WRITE A PARAGRAPH!
• Use bullet points for each objective.
3. Know your audience
• Who is your primary Audience?
• Who is your secondary Audience?
• Who is your target market?
• What social media platforms do your target audience engages with the most.
4. Strategies and Tactics
• Write down every objective
• Describe how are you going to accomplish each objective
• Use bullet points to explain the strategies and tactics that you are willing to use.
• Be detailed.
• Estimate how much money you need to accomplish those goals.
Your marketing plan should not be longer than one page. After you have created a plan, now you are going to create a calendar or checklist to monitor your posts, and write down the stats and results of your progress. One good free website to get information of social media stats is http://epicfollowers.co.uk/. Other helpful paid measuring tools are Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Buffer, and Simply Measured.
What should my social media calendar have?
1. Create different columns
• Social Media platform (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
• Engagement (%)
2. Create a whole month in advance.
• Set the pictures you are going to use.
• What are you going to write each day?
• Use inspirational quotes or fun facts.
• Give out incentive prizes to engage with your audience.
• Schedule your posts using Hootsuite or other similar helpful tools.
• At the end of each month write the results.
• Where you started and where you finished.
• Page growth (%)
• Engagement (%)
Analyze your data and your posts. See what worked best for you and what did not work. Keep doing what worked for you, and find a way to modify what did not work to make your social media marketing effective.